Sunday 10 December 2017

TV show idea- "Do you want FRIGHTS with that" (AND218)

After not liking any of my old concepts I began to brainstorm for a new TV show idea.
I began to play around with the ideas of a show following a pirate crew or a travelling circus but finally thought up the concept of a teen working in a fast food restaurant plagued by the supernatural.


I initially planned to call the show "Do you want fries with that?" but after some help came up with the current name of "Do you want FRIGHTS with that?" 

Next I began to create characters and plan out their personalities and roles in the show.
Top left is the show's protagonist, a teen named Charlie who is always tired due to working the night shifts at the restaurant. Top right is the show's other main character, an artist and insomniac named Kayla who is Charlie's best friend who hangs out with him when he works the night shift. Bottom left is the restaurant's janitor, Mr Zhao, who is very superstitious and a paranoid mess, and he refuses to work in the restaurant after dark. Bottom right is Loreta, the restaurant owner/manager who has a no nonsense attitude when it comes to running her business.
I then went on to create some supernatural characters and brainstorm some possible plots/ other characters and draft the logline.
Top left is Drew, a zombie with a limited vocabulary and ex night shift employee at the restaurant, every night his rouses from his grave to come and work his shift just like normal. Top right is Mangus, a very patriotic skeleton with some bagpipes lodged in his rib cage who is a regular customer at the restaurant. 
 Left here is Delano, a vampire addicted to red slushies and lover of the nightlife, also one of the regulars to the restaurant. On the Right is Ava, Charlie's little sister who he occasionally has to babysit whilst on his shift, no adults are immune to her cuteness.  

 After i'd designed characters I went on to design locations in my show.
The main locations I designed here are Charlie's house and the restaurant which I changed to the "Pit Stop Diner". I also wrote down some other possible locations I could have in the show such as shops around town, the college, and the locations in the woods surrounding the diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment